When you’re buying a home, the location and the house itself are the most important considerations. However, when it comes to selling your home; or if you plan to stay for more than 7 years, then you should consider its renovation.
Renovation is defined as making something old look new again by repairing, remodelling or improving it.
Benefits of Home Renovation :
1) Increase in property value of your home
This is perhaps the most obvious reason for home renovation. A renovated home will be worth between 5% and 20% more than an unchanged one depending on the area, location and extent of work done.
2) It would also give you a chance to design your dream house.
If you feel that your house needs modifications or even a complete overhaul, you can always do it up with the latest designs and styles – thanks to magazines and websites dedicated to interior decoration.
3) Renovation is also good for health as mental peace is very important for physical health as well as vice versa.
Impressing friends and family members would be easy if they come over to your new home. You can let out all your creative juices while designing your renovated home Furthermore, the renovation process also provides a sense of satisfaction and achievement once you finally move into your newly-renovated house!
4) It can increase accessibility to disabled people.
If you have an elderly parent or grandparent with mobility issues, you’d know that it is not easy for them to climb up and down the stairs regularly. This will become even more difficult if they need to go outdoors for shopping or medical care. A ground-level apartment would be ideal in such cases so why don’t you grab this opportunity and revamp your old one?
A renovation would save your family members from unnecessary injuries and pain caused by tripping and falling on broken floor tiles or uneven stairs. Accessibility’ is not only limited to the elderly – it includes people with physical disabilities as well.
5) It can be finished faster than you think which will save your money especially if you are working on a tight budget. If you hire professionals, expect to spend approximately 10% of the renovation cost for management and supervision. Therefore, it would be better if you plan properly beforehand by hiring reliable companies or individuals that meet certain requirements such as insurance cover etc.
Furthermore, nowadays renovation technicians have done away with the need for tradesmen by using advanced technology in their work. This enables them to complete the project within an average time frame of 7 weeks instead of 4 months!
6) Increase in personal pride
Who doesn’t want to live in a home that reflects their style and sense of beauty? You can add your unique touch to your renovated house because it is a reflection of yourself.
7) Increase in value of the whole neighbourhood
If you’re planning on moving houses, you should know that the overall market value increases significantly after certain renovation projects are completed. Therefore if you sell your newly-renovated house at a higher price, your investment will be paid off very quickly!
8) It’s also easy to find professionals who would help with the renovation process almost anywhere nowadays.Not all homeowners have time or money for major renovations so there are companies out there that offer both minor and major services. For example, for US$5 per sqft, they can install vinyl flooring instead of ceramic tiles to give your kitchen that classy look.
9) You will also know what is happening in the house at all times as renovation companies usually provide you with 24/7 security and surveillance services. It’s easy nowadays to keep an eye on what’s going on in our homes even though we are away for work or pleasure simply using a webcam, smartphone or tablet connected to the internet.
This is ideal for people who are always busy travelling for business purposes or those who hate it when contractors grab coffee breaks now and then!
Not only that, if something goes wrong, you will be able to monitor the renovation process as well as contact the relevant parties immediately. Most importantly, it can prevent situations where renovations take place without homeowners’ knowledge and consent!